Skip to main content

On posting a VIDEO of sexism - man freaking out at breast-feeding woman

Actually that always happens when you post this sort of thing. It's the standard defence. So once I posted another one of them - where a woman staged it - TRUE - and many women stage these experiments over and over and over in many countries and get the same kind of thing on video. Then ONE man comes along - NOT the specific video I posted - and stages him staging the woman staging it and men get to say for the rest of time that our experience is invalid.

Look at the content and match it to your experience in the world. Because I get around a lot. I was the ddmbbaw. I've been around. It matches my experience. That's how come I checked and double checked the original source of the first one I ever posted - because I was trolled and my uterus was to be sliced out and dangled over my raped and mutilated mouth.

I do think that independent women get harassed by men who don't want their delicate sensibilities challenged. The rules of the patriarchy must be slavishly followed - or else.

Aside from all this... My point was not about his sexism (and that is the only thing they are focused on subverting - I didn't even mention it - although that is not the only content), it is what the video depicts - I have two entirely different points about process. Whether the video is staged or not does not change the value of the points which these revisionist-masculinists try to distract us from.

But thanks for the warning - I always appreciate that. I would ask you to ask them for their source that this one is staged and that the actors are... depicting a fictionalized not-real-women-never-experience-this scenario-fairy-tale. If I had posted a scene from a movie they would have waved dismissively - patriarchal power is the power to dismiss - and said 'fiction' too. Undermining our ability to ever speak of our experience.

And then ask them if my other two points have anything they'd like to chat about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VHEMT (Vehement) is a anti-procreation movement

"Here's a novel idea to save the planet: Remove the main cause of its woes - homo sapiens. The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (VHEMT - pronounced "vehement") proposes the phasing out the human race. "When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, and evolve (if they believe in evolution)," offers the movement's website. But 'it's going to take all of us going'." See www.vhemt.org SOURCE: Email invite. I thought I was the only one who thought like this. Everyone I know thanks the universe that I didn't study microbiology. I would have developed a human-specific killer virus. WE are the vermin.

Richard Dawkins on militant atheism

Dawkins has become outspoken in his atheism , coining the word "bright" (as an alternate to atheist), and encouraging fellow non-believers to stand up and be identified. intelligent design is creationism redressed creationists are right that evolution is hostile to evolution statistical improbability of the complexity of design - intelligent design but the intelligent designer wouldn't have made such a hash - why would the designer be bothered with disapproving of our sex lives, favor our side in the war Dawkins suggest rocking the boat - attack religion as a whole taboo of speaking ill about religion - Douglas Adams said, sacred ideas at the heart of religion, holy cows, you can support any operating system you want, but the challenge of religious ideas is off limits science and religion are corrosive to each other - religious explanations are trivial and improbably, teaches people to accept authoritarianism takes the example of famous scientists and imagines

Mary Daly explains the pejoration (of one) of the words related to women

Of Death and Conscience: Brief thoughts on gender role and the values of the dominant culture in medicine : "“Under the influence of the Church and the newly formed male-dominated medical establishment, the word “witch,” which originally meant “wise one,” became a term of scorn. It took a reign of terror lasting several hundred years to radically alter a way of life thousands of years old. Millions of women who carried the healing lineage were systematically killed (see The Church and the Second Sex by Mary Daly).”"