Skip to main content

The fetsiboomsticks take on the future of the internet

CMS
I don't know what the answer is for artists who want to play on the web. It's all about learning applications... Facebook's structure was made with CMS. But then you become a developer and not an artist.

MMORPG
You get these things called Multiplayer role playing games MMORPG that often are just text based... it reaches a huge audience. Movie theatres have started investigating how to get these people to come play at the movie theaters... to harvest their money. I have been finding with the kids I am teaching that 25 year olds are talking to me about the role of video games in their marriages...!

FUTURE OF THE WEB AND MEDIA - IPHONE
The future of the computer is that it will be gone... onto an iPhone kind of a thing... like a playstation 3 but it won't be a separate unit, it will be merged into the iphone which has already merged with the ipod - and has fantabulous application books... Anni... you have to have one! I have downloaded an ebook onto my iphone of benjamin button. it's text!!! beautiful, but it is text... which means getting kids to read again. The idea that the MMORGs are text, or if not, plenty, really plenty of reading is involved. Not to mention the texting in Chats.

The internet will be received on the iPhone-merged thing... we will have the iPhone-merged thing with us at all time. The future of galleries is in the iPhone-merged thing. In the future, the iPhone-merged thing will project its screen onto blank walls, where we will watch our streamed movies and TV programmes.

Sadly, everyone does not have an iPhone... !

WEBSTRIPS
I think websites should be long strips of images, and there must be some form of interactivity with the broader universe, where discussions can be had with chat. Like Facebook, merged with images.

INSTAPAPER
I wish I could show you instapaper... because instabook is almost here. If you had the instapaper gadget on your phone I could publish my collection of websites as The New Anthology - so I could anthologise what I like under a heading... say feminist... and if you were on my website you would find that you could log into my anthology using my username 'feminist' and download the sites to your phone for viewing anywhere... OFFLINE (i.e. costs nothing in terms of data charges on 3G - you use your wireless modem to update across the ether, and then it's on your phone (wirelessing costs nothing))... or you could have an anthology called 'siren' which I could download to my phone... do you know someone with an iPhone... if you do tryit I am bowled over x 805. If you had a collection of sites, or just one... that people could read via Instapaper - FREE! mind you!!! For images, there is a small registration cost - obviously to cover bandwidth... but text version is free!!!

BLOGS
So you could have a collection of blogs...... Blogging is by far the most accessible way of doing this... and I only endorse eBlogger, but customising the template is another issue. You could have a 'siren' tag... and people could click on the siren tag in the blog.... and then download it to instapaper.

WEBTRAVELLERS
Google. You have to make friends with Google. Facebook. You have to make friends with Facebook. The reason... it's accessible from gadgets they already have... computers. My concern is the centralisation of power... perhaps a multifaceted approach...

PATTERNS
Social networking - they gravitate to free things, easy to learn, two-way communication (self-publishing aspect of social media essential), plenty of things to keep them entertained... different types - so publishers, players, playfullers, minimalists only change their statuses.... and... can spy on others.... otherwise known as voyeurism.

Blogs - next up they gravitate to things that are EXTREMELY VARIED, provide information, with plenty of video and images, minimal text, styled with dashes of sensationalism... 500 words or less... bloggiful. They can rss feed get everything new with a short intro in their Outlook inbox (PS I now have RSS feed on my website - http://feeds.feedburner.com/TanyaPretoriusBookmarks) and they can Follow a website using googlefriendfeed and they can make comments (although this is last necessary, but can't be excluded).

TWITTER
My least favorite... but if you don't twit, you go onto Twitter, and you can enter a search term. Then it displays the tweets about your search term. What works for Twitter is that you have a following (retweeters) and you try to get people to have reactions (retweet) about your tweet, that when the search is done, you and all your following's tweets are displayed... then that thing has importance, or you can see what people are saying about that thing. URLs can be tweeted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Dawkins on militant atheism

Dawkins has become outspoken in his atheism , coining the word "bright" (as an alternate to atheist), and encouraging fellow non-believers to stand up and be identified. intelligent design is creationism redressed creationists are right that evolution is hostile to evolution statistical improbability of the complexity of design - intelligent design but the intelligent designer wouldn't have made such a hash - why would the designer be bothered with disapproving of our sex lives, favor our side in the war Dawkins suggest rocking the boat - attack religion as a whole taboo of speaking ill about religion - Douglas Adams said, sacred ideas at the heart of religion, holy cows, you can support any operating system you want, but the challenge of religious ideas is off limits science and religion are corrosive to each other - religious explanations are trivial and improbably, teaches people to accept authoritarianism takes the example of famous scientists and imagines

VHEMT (Vehement) is a anti-procreation movement

"Here's a novel idea to save the planet: Remove the main cause of its woes - homo sapiens. The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (VHEMT - pronounced "vehement") proposes the phasing out the human race. "When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth's biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, and evolve (if they believe in evolution)," offers the movement's website. But 'it's going to take all of us going'." See www.vhemt.org SOURCE: Email invite. I thought I was the only one who thought like this. Everyone I know thanks the universe that I didn't study microbiology. I would have developed a human-specific killer virus. WE are the vermin.

Poem: I have biracial hair by Zora Howard

See the performance on YouTube I have bi-racial hair Pantene Pro-V waves on the top Easy to style, comb, rock- Until-I encounter my naps, I’m not talking about those-cute detangle with the spray naps. I’m talking about those, slave naps, like, No comb, brush, or man can handle the kind of naps I got- like, No way you are touching my hair-naps like Back 10 feet up, or we can dance naps Those naps like- DAMN! I have bi-racial hair, Those smooth and silk rafts hanging all through my mane, Until you get to the back, and encounter the jungle, in which you can find Tarzan and Jane. In the front you forget and relax in the pleasure, Until you get to the back and remember pain Baby hair slicked back with that good 4 dollar pomade, That goes with roots and tangles, Soaked with that same olive oil; mixed with that spaghetti sauce momade. I have bi-racial hair, Combs run freely through my fine breezy, just to the part, the most you can make, Until it gets to the back and